You are here
Snow removal and maintenance
Winter comes to us with a its magic and fun, but the season also requires good organization and services adapted to our climate.
The snow removal requires equipment as well as significant human and financial resources. In fact, snow removal as well as the abrasive spreading is done by an external company.
Public Works is in charge of snow removal of parking lots of our municipal installations as well as the municipal walkways throughout the Village.
In order for everyone to participate actively, efficiently and safely in snow removal on Senneville roads, here are a few guidelines to be followed:
- It is prohibited to deposit, throw or blow snow on the roads;
- It is prohibited to park your vehicles on the road at night between 12:00 (midnight) and 7:00 am;
- It is prohibited to park your vehicles on the road for more than four (4) hours consecutively between 7:00 am and 12:00 (midnight).
Clearing Fire Hydrants
Among its tasks, the city performs the clearing of all fire hydrants to ensure quick and secure access throughout winter.
Also, if you have a fire hydrant on your property, you can help us by avoiding throwing or pushing snow near or on a fire hydrant. In so doing, you may also save lives ... Think about it!
The Public Works' mission is to provide services to residents throughout the year in the following sectors:
- Maintenance of parks and green spaces;
- Maintenance of pathways;
- Minor repairs of streets;
- Repair of the aqueduct system;
- Support to other services, especially the '' Recreation and Culture Services'' for the organization of recreational activities, etc.
Traffic and street lights
Should you notice any street lights or municipal parking lights that are not working properly, we encourage you to contact our Public Works Services who will remedy the situation as soon as possible.
Tel: 514 457-6020, ext. 180
Parking on streets
If your vehicle has been towed because of snow removal work, please call Town Hall at the following number: 514 457-6020 to find out its location.